Tuesday 28 January 2014

The Transformation

Walking in the woods I found a tiny wooden stick,
As I hit it against the tree, it turned into a brick.
Surprised, I hit that brick against a bigger tree,
And that brick turned into a stone for free.

I understood these woods have magical powers,
And then was waiting for the rain showers.
As soon as it started to pour heavily,
I lifted the stone high up for it to meet the rain happily.

I soon felt some black powder on me roll,
lo behold! the stone had turned into coal! 
Just when I was about to throw it away,
With those pieces of coal gone astray.
I somehow understood the story here,
The final moral, I knew was somewhere near.

Searching all around I finally found it,
The open space; by the sun it was brightly lit.
I held the piece of coal very carefully,
Which turned into an ember, but really slowly.
It fell out of my hands that bright stone,
I just lay there besides it all alone.

When I woke up, I couldn't find it somehow.
I thought it would have cooled down by now.
And that would have been end of the story,
But then through the sand grains, in all its glory,
I could see something shine brightly,
I said to myself, "na, this is highly unlikely.
It can't be what I think it is," But I was wrong,
Something that I just picked up walking along,
Had turned into the most precious gem on this island,
the biggest ever known to mankind; a diamond.

No comments:

Post a Comment