Saturday 23 November 2013

Angel in the Carriage

Today I saw this lady in the train,
I didn't know if I will meet her again.

When I got on, I could see her mingle,
with some book on her kindle.

That feeling of knowing her since long,
crept into me. was it right or wrong?
Such questions I am unable to answer,
I so wanted to talk to her.

In the mirror like glass window,
I saw someone I just got to know,
Or was hoping to know a little more,
When through the tunnel my train tore.

I knew this meant my station was next,
If only there were a few more moments of rest,
I would have perhaps mustered some courage,
to speak to this angel in the carriage.

But then I saw the train pulling into the platform,
And heard the driver blow the train horn.
Just when I got off, I turned around to see,
She was standing right behind me!

I looked at her and she smiled,
I took this guess so wild,
That may be she too wanted to speak to me,
in her hand, this blue paper I could see.

She passed it to me to read what she wrote,
I thought may be it is a small note.
But lo behold, she too had written a rhyme,
That we should together spend sometime.

As the train started to move ahead,
Both of us together to each other said,
Would you like to go for a drink?
To which she smiled and then winked.

And we started to walk out of the station,
and that my friends was the start of our relation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment