Wednesday 20 March 2013

My First Journey From Home to Home


one day i left home,
it was the first day i left home.
i didn't know what to expect,
but started walking...

i started walking and looking around,
looking around at things i hadn't ever seen,
went to place I had never been...

a few miles from home i met a small boy,
the boy smiling looking at his toy,
his mother, smiling looking at her boy...
I thought maybe this is the world,
a mother and her son. happy. yes this is the world.

then i took a right turn and saw another boy,
a boy crying and shouting at his mother,
why did you get me a sports car in red,
take it back! i want it in black...

i wanted to go back to the road i was walking on before,
but decided to walk ahead, perhaps take a left...
just when i took a left, i saw a mp3 player,
i picked it up and picked a pair of earphones,
not far, just half a mile ahead...
i played the first song and saw what i hadn't ever seen,
i felt what i hadn't ever felt, heard what i never heard...

i started dancing in the middle of the road,
that dance then soon turned into a trance,
and i was soon dancing with the dervishes in Istanbul.

Dancing with them, i don't know what turns i took,
what roads we walked on, but i don't regret it,
because what i saw with my eyes closed,
would never be able to see with my eyes open...

but when i eventually opened my eyes,
i found myself back outside my home...
this time when i enter my home, i know,
i ve learnt of things earlier unknown,
with this world, little by little i have grown.
now when i go back inside, i will be different,
but i still walk in, walk in to soon,
really soon, leave home again...

No comments:

Post a Comment